Hi! I'm Katherine Harrison, a professional organizer. I help others simplify spaces, optimize time, master productivity, and organize technology.
Explore my website to learn more or call me (540.271.7182) to discuss your project. I offer complementary, 30-minute consultations so we can get to know each other, discuss your project, and provide a cost estimate.
You can learn more about me below.
Recent Blog Posts
I asked my friends, former co-workers, and some clients what they thought you should know about me. This is obviously skewed because I asked people I thought would say positive things. Maybe one day I will be bold enough to include some naysayers. I am blessed and grateful for such great friends, and this is what they said:
- She is welcoming, engaging, authentic, fun, passionate, visionary, and easy to talk to.
- She is intensely focused and even more honest – says it like it is and helps you move forward with sound decisions.
- She is fun, intuitive, selfless, and creative! There is no one size fits all – her work is sure to be customized to each individual/family’s needs. Get ready, it’ll be worth every minute!
- She likes to build relationships, not just meet people. She doesn’t know a stranger, is warm, friendly, and empathetic.
- She is positive, energetic, and cares deeply about everyone she comes in contact with – a joy to be around.
- She is crazy creative and can generate ideas lightning fast.
- She is able to hold a vision for you and for your space – even when you are not able to do so.
- She is passionate about organizing and has a refreshing, no-pressure approach.
- She is the “real deal” and willing to be a gentle truth-teller when offering advice or sharing experiences that will benefit you. She is a breath of fresh air and a natural trouble-shooter.
I thought you might want to know about some of my passions. They include:
- My friends and family – especially those who fall into both categories
- Maintaining an optimistic outlook
- Dogs and fun
- Paper, pen, and technology
- Helping others organize their homes, offices, time, and technology
I am also passionate about honoring the skills, gifts, and talents of others and myself. Mine include:
- Time management
- Office organization
- Public speaking
- Strategic planning
GraceWorks Organizing was founded in 2014 after I completed a 25-year career in healthcare management. My mother passed down her organizational skills and I leveraged them, with education through the National Association of Professional Organizers to enhance my skills. To learn more about professional organizing, visit the NAPO page.
What services do you specialize in? Home organization; Downsizing; Computer and device organization (files, photos, passwords, etc.); Office organization; Small business strategic planning; and Time and task management
Who is your typical/usual client? Individuals, families, and small business owners who want to organize their spaces, time, and/or technology.
Do you offer consultations? Yes, free of charge.
Do you have any training or hold any certifications in organizing or related areas? I have a BA in Medical Record Administration (and an MS in Hospital Administration) which supports electronic and paperwork organization. I have completed Julie Morgenstern's Time Management from the Inside Out training course. I am an Active member of the National Association of Professional Organizers, which means I have completed their training curriculum and I continue my organizing education with classes and workshops.
Can you describe a typical working session? When organizing a home space (kitchen, closet, office, etc.) we start by talking about your goals for the space and providing some options for consideration. Together we sort all the items into categories: Keep, Repair, Relocate, Donate, Recycle, Trash. Next I assess whether any new tools or systems are necessary and make recommendations. I can shop for these items, or you may choose to do so. Then I organize the remaining items into the space. Finally, I discuss the end result with you to assure we have met the original goals of the project.
Will you make me throw my things away? No! Only you can choose what to throw away and when. In fact, it is a violation of the NAPO Ethics for me to throw away anything that belongs to someone else. I will ask you questions about an item to give you a different perspective, but I will never throw your items away or ask that you do so. Organizing is made easier with fewer things, but the goal of organizing is not to get rid of items, rather to help a client create a system of organization they can continue working with and personalizing long after our session is finished.
Do you work nights and weekends, if needed? Yes. I work two Saturdays each month and two evenings each week.
Will I work directly with you, or will you assign an employee and/or subcontractor? You will work only with me unless the job is large enough, or your timeframe is very tight, and we agree I should bring in a subcontractor.
What is your fee structure? Hourly with discounts for the purchase of multiple hours.
What is your cancellation policy? I am flexible with my schedule and understand that you may need to change your appointment. Please let me know as soon as possible so I can offer the time to another client.
Can you provide references? Yes